Warning: No models were harmed (or… um… even used) in the making of this post. It’s just one awkward AF mum. Standing in front of her camera. Hoping for a non-blurry shot which she may or may not (cough DEFINITELY not) have gotten. But still… Enjoy x It’s no secret, but I love shopping. I always have and I always will. It’s just… that I always want more clothes than any human needs. Like, I want ALL THE CLOTHES. All of them. #IHaveAProblemAndItsHighlyLikelyMyHusbandWillWantToDivorceMeOverIt (more…)
Oh. My. God. Becky. Look. At. My. Baby. She is sooooooooo big. #TellMeYouGetIt And I ain’t lying, because the babe is 11 months old now. Whaaaaaaaaaa??!!!! ELEVEN MONTHS OLD?! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Actually to tell the truth – at the time of writing this, she is in fact just 9 days shy of being one freaking year old. #Oops I honestly don’t know how I really feel about it…I mean, I feel so many emotions right now, that I may possibly explode and splatter weirdness all over the wall. #TooFarEllynTooFar (more…)
There are so many things that make me laugh hysterically in this life. You know, like people falling over. Epic dog fails. And just about anything and everything to do with kids. Kids, whether they mean it or not are so innocently and so hilariously funny. They fall over a lot, get easily scared a heck of a lot, and they ask the most curious questions, COMPLETELY without a filter which gets me Every. Single. Damn. Time. (more…)
Well. Toddlers, hey? They say that the hardest part of parenting is at the start, when you know absolutely NOTHING and are thrown into the deep end regardless. When you are left to flounder about aimlessly with no idea how to cope with this major change in your world that has arrived LITERALLY without warning. #WellExceptForTheWarningThatThePreviousNineMonthsMayHaveGivenYou (more…)
Our cheeky girl babe or, as the toddler likes to call her – “Miss Poo Poo Bum Bum”, is ten and a half months old now. Can you believe it? I cannot. I mean, I lived it, but I cannot actually believe any of it. My oh my how time flies when you are exhausted and chasing a crawling baby and a very fast mini person all over the house. (more…)
Aaaah, Kids. Crazy, Crazy Kids. There is something about those teeny tiny humans of ours that can relentlessly push all of the buttons, and yet at the same time instil such a fierce love within us that it fills us almost to bursting. (more…)
This is the second part of our Awesome Foursome Family Holidays Mini Series… Did you read Part 1 yet? If not, read it HERE before diving in to the below! xx Day 4. Tuesday. We woke up at 5am today. Sob. Sah tired. A friend had recommended that we go and visit a nearby bakery – Bam Bam Bakehouse so we could try their “EPIC pastries”. As soon as I heard the word pastry, I was literally running towards the place ready to stress eat away my troubles. Again the kids were terrifying loud, and tossing things all over the place, but we somehow managed to enjoy our breakfast and bought some of those epic pastries to scoff on the way out. They were insanely good. And if you go to Broadbeach, or Surfers Paradise, then I recommend going to check them out – the lunch/breakfast food on offer in the restaurant is great but the pastries – the pastries really are EPIC! While the baby was asleep, the hairy husband and the mini man spent an hour or two in the hotel pool. I was thrilled because we were on the 6th floor, so I could just peer over ...
So, we recently (and madly) uprooted the kids and flew to the old Gold Coast for a family holiday. We had decided that we were sick of being cold, and that we needed some immediate sunshine on our heads, some sand up our cracks, and some nights of non-sleeping. Well, except for that bit, sigh. We probably could have done without that bit. That bit was shit. However this is how the holiday went. (more…)
I know this may sound strange. But I still grieve for my labours. Both of them. Sometimes I lie there awake at night and think about them. I dream about them. I long for things to have gone differently. But they didn’t. They just didn’t. (more…)
* O B L I G A T O R Y S M O O C H S H O T * . This guy. The one with the hairy bushy beard. . Sigh, sometimes we are too busy “werking” and wrangling two very tiny and rather titchy kids to really hang out with each other. . And when we actually do get time to hang, our time together usually consists of Netflix binging in an exhausted stupor on the couch where we might occasionally touch a hand accidentally as he passes me the popcorn. #HowsThatForAction . And smooches? Ain’t nobody got time for dat! 😂 Ain’t no body got time for much of anything other than running our eyeballs over our favourite shows for an hour or so before bed.... . In many ways he and I are very different, but at our fundamental core we are the same. . We love hard (tho I show it waaaaay more because I am COMPLETELY fuelled by emotion), and we occasionally both drool on the couch as we fall asleep side by side. . That’s romance. That’s Amore. Lol. . What’s the thing you and your partner like to do the most together (keep it clean people! 🤪) Leave a comment below - I would love to hear all about it! ❤️❤️❤️ . Ps stunning pic by the Netflix lover (just guessin’) @jessworrallphotography
* B L O G T I M E ! * . Gaaaah, four year olds. The whackiest, wildest, most nonsensical creatures in all of the land. 🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️ . You can’t reason with them, you can’t negotiate. Because we don’t negotiate with these tiny terrorists do we? 😂😂 Not the kind that holds your sanity hostage for no reason other than its Tuesday and they want eggs except they don’t want eggs but they do but they don’t but they do but they don’t, anyway. Sigh. And they do it so bloody often. #FourYearOldsAreInsane 😳 . Lucky for him, it turns out that I am as obsessed with this little legend as I am frustrated with him at times. He is a beautiful soul. One whose mood swings can give me whiplash of course, and one whose sanity I also have to question when he cries just because it’s 6 o’clock. Sigh. . But he loves hard. He loves well. And he may be a little crazy at this age, but he is OUR crazy little four year old... . So, head to the link in my bio and read all about why 4 year olds are so crazy, and then come back here and tell me - what crazy things is your little one up to these day’s? . The boy wears @frankie_and_roy . Image by @nataliedaviesphotography
* S C O F F Y M C S C O F F F A C E * . So, when our son was young, I thought we were lucky. He played so nicely. . He wasn’t a wild child who got into scraps and scrapes, or came home with holes through his clothes. No sir, not my boy. 🙅🏻♀️ . *Insert extreme eye-rolls and scoffing here* 🙄 . And then he got older and he... he... changed. These days he body slams his friends just to say hello. He falls down more times than he stands up. And I bloody swear to gawd that he actually bathes in dirt sometimes. 🤷🏻♀️ . And then holes started appearing in all of his clothes. In the seat of his pants and his knees mostly. Sigh. I mean, how does someone’s butt make an actual hole? Honestly. . But thankfully we discovered @frankie_and_roy . Boy oh boy, this awesome brands clothing has actually stood up to the vigorous testing performed by my boy as he swan dived off the cubby house, copped a knee to the face and rolled around our entire backyard just for fun. . And now I’m off to buy some more new pants, not because they are worn out, but because he bloody outgrew them didn’t he... sigh. . Do you find your little ones go through their clothes quicker than you can say “holy hell pass me the credit card” too? . What are your favourite go to brands? Tag them in the comments below and share the ❤️ . Ps gorgeous pic of my boy trying his best to rip his clothes apart by @nataliedaviesphotography
* S P E N D U P G U R R L✌🏻* . Ermagawd. I remember the good ol’ days when I used to be able to just pick up and head to the shops without a care in the world. “Ooooh tra-la-la, time to get some clothey-clothes” I’d say as I frolicked on my merry way to the Christmas stuffed shops. 🎄🎄🎄 . I’d flit into the shops, try on everything in existence, buy all the gifts I need to and then flit our again laden with bags, and mayyyybe just a wee touch of buyers remorse #CluelessSaidItSoItsTotallything 😂 . But does that happen since becoming a mumma? Hells no girlfriend! If I try to drag my tired Christmas loving body to the shops these days, instead of being laden with bags of soft and sweet new things of the giftiest kind, I am instead laden with 2 flailing, sometimes smelly, most definitely dribble-covered and foul tempered tiny people. I spend 3 whole mins in the shops and leave with nothing more than a stress-sweat moustache and a full set of my own tears. 😳 . But not this year, friends. Because this Christmas I am throwing myself into online shopping, to avoid the madness and the red faced angry tears... Its been such a saver 🙌🏻 . And one of the gorgeous shops I have discovered on this sweat free shopping journey is @casualstep ❤️ Here I am 👆🏻wearing their “Girls Are Great” cotton tee which is so super comfy, and the Bowery Bag in Tan which is small yet MIGHTY in how much it can actually hold. ❤️ . So, if you are looking for a Christmas gift for yourself or... no, wait... just yourself... then head to @casualstep and check out their gorgeous range of goodies! And make sure you use the code “Ellynloves” until December 31st to get 15% off your purchases! ❤️ . So tell me, are you an online shopping kinda gal, or do you love the madness of the shops? Tell me below! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
* T H I S B A B E ! * . By the end of every day, I’m poached. I’m done. I’m wrecked. I spend a good part of my night running my tired sleepy eyes... . Which means that my mascara has been swiped down my face until it almost touches my chin. #TooLazyToCleanMyFaceUp . So, when I was putting this girl babe to bed tonight she studied my face frowning. “What is dat mummy?” She asked, pointing at my cheek. . “It’s mummas makeup, my love”. I replied. . Meanwhile she turns my head from side to side comparing my cheeks. . “Dat one nice mumma” she said pointing to my clean cheek. “But dat one so dirty” she said pointing to the other. “Yuck, go clean it” she demanded. . Bossy boots. I didn’t realise they would be made so bossy so young. Sigh. #WhatTheHeckDoesThisMeanForWhenSheIsBiggerLol . Who else has a little bossy boots on their hands? Tell me the bossiest thing that they have said to you in the comments below ❤️❤️❤️❤️ .
* D A B O Y S * . These two are as thick as thieves. . Where the bushy bearded one goes, the much smaller sassy one follows. . To the point that the bushy bearded one sometimes needs to run away and hide, because the smaller sassy one follows him around relentlessly shouting “Daddy Look At Me! Daddy Look What I Can Do!” at which point he trips over, rolls around for a bit before standing up with a flourish thinking he has just performed the most intense gymnastic feats. Alas, he did not. 😳 . But at the end of the day, they are total besties. They cuddle a lot, they play a lot, and the way the Hairy Husband smiles when the boy gets over excited about the sportiest of sporty things is bloody priceless. . I hope they always have the same friendship and love that they do now. ❤️❤️ . Who else’s tiny person is completely in love with their bigger person? Leave a comment below and tell me all about them ❤️❤️❤️❤️ . Ps rad 📸 by the full of love @jessworrallphotography . The boys jumper by @threadsforboys_ The boys pants by @kippkids