Oh my beautiful baby girl. When I found out I was pregnant with you, I was excited beyond measure. I imagined who you would be. What you would look like. Who you would grow into. I didn’t know if you were a boy or girl, but I assumed you would be a boy. I don’t know why. So the day we found out that you WERE a girl brought with it a mixture of both excitement and apprehension. Want to read about my pregnancy? Well, check out my Diary of A Crazy Pregnant Lady here. Firstly, I was so excited about what lay ahead. I could picture our future together. The things we would do. The things we could share. One day you will have your own family, your own babies. And I will be there for you, not so much by your side, but to help you whenever and however you need me. Yes, I could see it all the second I knew you would be my sweet baby girl. But I was nervous. Because I knew that life may be harder for you than it would be if you were a boy. That more will be expected of ...
What has happened to my baby? I don’t know where she has gone, but when I went to get her up a few mornings ago I found a little almost toddler type person in her place. One who was howling in rage because her brother is in her cot with her and trying to give her a kiss. A kiss? Who hates kisses? Sigh. #MummaNeedsAffection (more…)
People, people, people. Sighs *shakes head*. I am SHOCKED over here, and I honestly think that my brain is starting to go numb from all of these thoughts about parenthood. Oh, wait… the numbness could just be because I don’t sleep any more due to a toddler who desperately tries to move himself into our bedroom at least 4000 times a night. Yes, but what are you shocked about? You ask. Well, let me tell you, I creepily reply, whilst sitting on the toilet with another tiny person on my lap who has their whole body essentially wrapped around mine. #NoPrivacyEver (more…)
You know whats bloody annoying? When you try and “punish” a child for being a total turdburger #HeIsThreeSoItHappensFrequently, and it stops working. Like, it no longer words at all EVEN though it used to work like a treat. Fark. (more…)
Since becoming a Mumma, I have discovered something kinda ridiculous. Something kinda insane. And it’s that no matter what, I am always So. Damn. Tired. Yep, I am always drool-falling-out-of-my-mouth-even-when-I-am-awake levels of tired. (more…)
So, I recently went back to work after having my little baby girl. My baby girl who is actually not such a baby anymore. Yikes. I mean, I had to go back. We bought our forever home in the same year that I physically gave birth to my daughter, so by the end of my maternity leave we were in desperate need of some cash-ish to flow the heck on in. #MummaHadntStoppedBuyingClothesTheWholeTimeOops (more…)
Diary of A Crazy Baby – 13 Months Old. You know what I love? I love it when we stop counting months and can start just giving vague responses in regards to the ages of our children. Oh, um…she is… um… a toddler years old. Know what I mean? (more…)
Well, well, well. Holy moly sausage role-y, we made it, we made it, we ACTUALLY made it! Yes, our sweet sassy pants baby is finally twelve months old. TWELVE MONTHS!!!! Gaaaaah, Who would have thunk it? I SERIOUSLY can’t believe that my second little baby who was literally JUST BORN is already one. She still has next to no hair though. Lazy bloody hair… thinks it’s too good to grow. Sigh. #JokesButTheStruggleIsReal (more…)
Oh My Gawd. I love Anniversaries. I love Birthdays. I love Christmas. I love, in fact, every holiday and celebration of every kind. Something about celebrations gives me a case of hand-flapping excitement every time. Are you feeling me? I sure hope so, my fellow over-excitable human! (more…)
So, maternity leave…. It’s a glorious and magical time filled with luxurious days where working is not remotely a thing, shopping trips are potentially endless, pampering is at an all time high, and high-end coffee dates seriously ARE a thing… I mean, isn’t that right? No?! Pfffft, yeah right, I wish. (more…)
* O B L I G A T O R Y S M O O C H S H O T * . This guy. The one with the hairy bushy beard. . Sigh, sometimes we are too busy “werking” and wrangling two very tiny and rather titchy kids to really hang out with each other. . And when we actually do get time to hang, our time together usually consists of Netflix binging in an exhausted stupor on the couch where we might occasionally touch a hand accidentally as he passes me the popcorn. #HowsThatForAction . And smooches? Ain’t nobody got time for dat! 😂 Ain’t no body got time for much of anything other than running our eyeballs over our favourite shows for an hour or so before bed.... . In many ways he and I are very different, but at our fundamental core we are the same. . We love hard (tho I show it waaaaay more because I am COMPLETELY fuelled by emotion), and we occasionally both drool on the couch as we fall asleep side by side. . That’s romance. That’s Amore. Lol. . What’s the thing you and your partner like to do the most together (keep it clean people! 🤪) Leave a comment below - I would love to hear all about it! ❤️❤️❤️ . Ps stunning pic by the Netflix lover (just guessin’) @jessworrallphotography
* B L O G T I M E ! * . Gaaaah, four year olds. The whackiest, wildest, most nonsensical creatures in all of the land. 🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️ . You can’t reason with them, you can’t negotiate. Because we don’t negotiate with these tiny terrorists do we? 😂😂 Not the kind that holds your sanity hostage for no reason other than its Tuesday and they want eggs except they don’t want eggs but they do but they don’t but they do but they don’t, anyway. Sigh. And they do it so bloody often. #FourYearOldsAreInsane 😳 . Lucky for him, it turns out that I am as obsessed with this little legend as I am frustrated with him at times. He is a beautiful soul. One whose mood swings can give me whiplash of course, and one whose sanity I also have to question when he cries just because it’s 6 o’clock. Sigh. . But he loves hard. He loves well. And he may be a little crazy at this age, but he is OUR crazy little four year old... . So, head to the link in my bio and read all about why 4 year olds are so crazy, and then come back here and tell me - what crazy things is your little one up to these day’s? . The boy wears @frankie_and_roy . Image by @nataliedaviesphotography
* S C O F F Y M C S C O F F F A C E * . So, when our son was young, I thought we were lucky. He played so nicely. . He wasn’t a wild child who got into scraps and scrapes, or came home with holes through his clothes. No sir, not my boy. 🙅🏻♀️ . *Insert extreme eye-rolls and scoffing here* 🙄 . And then he got older and he... he... changed. These days he body slams his friends just to say hello. He falls down more times than he stands up. And I bloody swear to gawd that he actually bathes in dirt sometimes. 🤷🏻♀️ . And then holes started appearing in all of his clothes. In the seat of his pants and his knees mostly. Sigh. I mean, how does someone’s butt make an actual hole? Honestly. . But thankfully we discovered @frankie_and_roy . Boy oh boy, this awesome brands clothing has actually stood up to the vigorous testing performed by my boy as he swan dived off the cubby house, copped a knee to the face and rolled around our entire backyard just for fun. . And now I’m off to buy some more new pants, not because they are worn out, but because he bloody outgrew them didn’t he... sigh. . Do you find your little ones go through their clothes quicker than you can say “holy hell pass me the credit card” too? . What are your favourite go to brands? Tag them in the comments below and share the ❤️ . Ps gorgeous pic of my boy trying his best to rip his clothes apart by @nataliedaviesphotography
* S P E N D U P G U R R L✌🏻* . Ermagawd. I remember the good ol’ days when I used to be able to just pick up and head to the shops without a care in the world. “Ooooh tra-la-la, time to get some clothey-clothes” I’d say as I frolicked on my merry way to the Christmas stuffed shops. 🎄🎄🎄 . I’d flit into the shops, try on everything in existence, buy all the gifts I need to and then flit our again laden with bags, and mayyyybe just a wee touch of buyers remorse #CluelessSaidItSoItsTotallything 😂 . But does that happen since becoming a mumma? Hells no girlfriend! If I try to drag my tired Christmas loving body to the shops these days, instead of being laden with bags of soft and sweet new things of the giftiest kind, I am instead laden with 2 flailing, sometimes smelly, most definitely dribble-covered and foul tempered tiny people. I spend 3 whole mins in the shops and leave with nothing more than a stress-sweat moustache and a full set of my own tears. 😳 . But not this year, friends. Because this Christmas I am throwing myself into online shopping, to avoid the madness and the red faced angry tears... Its been such a saver 🙌🏻 . And one of the gorgeous shops I have discovered on this sweat free shopping journey is @casualstep ❤️ Here I am 👆🏻wearing their “Girls Are Great” cotton tee which is so super comfy, and the Bowery Bag in Tan which is small yet MIGHTY in how much it can actually hold. ❤️ . So, if you are looking for a Christmas gift for yourself or... no, wait... just yourself... then head to @casualstep and check out their gorgeous range of goodies! And make sure you use the code “Ellynloves” until December 31st to get 15% off your purchases! ❤️ . So tell me, are you an online shopping kinda gal, or do you love the madness of the shops? Tell me below! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
* T H I S B A B E ! * . By the end of every day, I’m poached. I’m done. I’m wrecked. I spend a good part of my night running my tired sleepy eyes... . Which means that my mascara has been swiped down my face until it almost touches my chin. #TooLazyToCleanMyFaceUp . So, when I was putting this girl babe to bed tonight she studied my face frowning. “What is dat mummy?” She asked, pointing at my cheek. . “It’s mummas makeup, my love”. I replied. . Meanwhile she turns my head from side to side comparing my cheeks. . “Dat one nice mumma” she said pointing to my clean cheek. “But dat one so dirty” she said pointing to the other. “Yuck, go clean it” she demanded. . Bossy boots. I didn’t realise they would be made so bossy so young. Sigh. #WhatTheHeckDoesThisMeanForWhenSheIsBiggerLol . Who else has a little bossy boots on their hands? Tell me the bossiest thing that they have said to you in the comments below ❤️❤️❤️❤️ .
* D A B O Y S * . These two are as thick as thieves. . Where the bushy bearded one goes, the much smaller sassy one follows. . To the point that the bushy bearded one sometimes needs to run away and hide, because the smaller sassy one follows him around relentlessly shouting “Daddy Look At Me! Daddy Look What I Can Do!” at which point he trips over, rolls around for a bit before standing up with a flourish thinking he has just performed the most intense gymnastic feats. Alas, he did not. 😳 . But at the end of the day, they are total besties. They cuddle a lot, they play a lot, and the way the Hairy Husband smiles when the boy gets over excited about the sportiest of sporty things is bloody priceless. . I hope they always have the same friendship and love that they do now. ❤️❤️ . Who else’s tiny person is completely in love with their bigger person? Leave a comment below and tell me all about them ❤️❤️❤️❤️ . Ps rad 📸 by the full of love @jessworrallphotography . The boys jumper by @threadsforboys_ The boys pants by @kippkids